Podikizhi is one of the most common and effective Ayurvedic therapy involving full body massage (or the affected part) using kizhis (cotton boluses) with a mixture of 12 herbs, dipped in medicated oils.
Disclaimer :The information on the page is not intended to self diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you have any health concerns, please avail free consultation from our Ayurveda doctor here.
Podikizhi is the common type of Ayurvedic massage technique that helps in alleviating pain and reduces swelling occurred due to arthritis, muscular spasm and rheumatism.
Benefits of Podikizhi
- Podikizhi increases the peripheral blood supply, so it also helps in improving complexion of the skin.
- It relieves body ache and strengthens muscles and skin.
- It is also a good technique for relaxation and relieving stress.
- It has detoxifying properties for the skin, removes the toxins through the skin pores, and lowers the tendency of skin diseases.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Muscular spasm, muscular pain or Muscular sprain and stiffness
- Swelling on joints due to osteoarthritis of other disease
- Paralysis and other neurological diseases
- Post trauma or sports injury rehabilitation
There are no enquiries yet.